United Energy is a great place to work – somewhere you can make the most of your skills and talent, and take the next important step in your career.
Who are we?
At UE we have a clear plan for the future as we work together to serve our customers across Melbourne’s inner, eastern and south eastern suburbs as well as the Mornington Peninsula. These customers expect safe and reliable energy supply and it’s our job to deliver it in an efficient and effective way.
We’ve got some big ideas about the future of energy distribution. Smart cities, smart grids, smart cars – a cleaner, greener way.
We’re working to build The Intelligent Utility and we have clear objectives and strategies to support us on this journey. A key part of us being able to deliver these objectives and strategies is for us to attract, develop and retain the right people – the best in the energy sector.
We are building a new culture, underpinned by values which include safety, respect, collaboration, accountability, empowerment and communication. This is an exciting time for our business and we are looking for people who are ready to make a difference.
Current Career Opportunities
We’re committed to attracting and retaining the best people. This is reflected in our safe and supportive workplace, with a positive culture to encourage and support the delivery of our business objectives and strategies.
To see the latest opportunities go to our current career opportunities page.
What our team likes about working with UE
- Opportunity to work on real strategies which contribute to the overall business objectives
- Autonomy provided and empowered to put your skills and experience to full use
- Interaction across all business units and a culture where information is the corner stone to achieve our goal of becoming The Intelligent Utility
Our team continues to grow. We’re committed to attracting and retaining the best people. This is reflected in our safe and supportive workplace, with a positive culture to encourage and support the delivery of our business objectives and strategies.
Our people represent a diverse range of disciplines and backgrounds. Some have an extensive background in utilities, while others bring experience and insights developed in other industries.
Some of the benefits United Energy employees enjoy
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Short term incentive program
- Salary sacrifice option for voluntary superannuation
- Novated car leasing
- Private health insurance at corporate rates
- Income protection – Salary continuance insurance, cost is met by UE
- Citi @ Work program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Best Doctors
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Health and wellness program including information sessions, flu vaccinations and health fairs
- Employee Referral Program
Training & Development
- Study assistance policy
- Memberships and professional institutes
- Development Planning and Review phase
- Business and departmental training programs
Work / Life
- Flexible working arrangements by agreement (including part time and job share)
- 14 weeks paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks paternity leave
We seek graduates in the areas of engineering within our electricity function where each graduate will receive an individual tailored two-year graduate program.
If you are an individual who are driven, passionate and love to learn the UE Graduate Program could be a great stepping stone in your professional career. The program is designed to provide you with valuable learning opportunities and real life practical experience that will build the foundation of your career. Graduates have access to a range of professionals who love to share their knowledge and success stories.
UE provides training, education and support to graduates to ensure your personal and professional development.
- Two year program with three or six month rotations
- Buddy program to assist with your introduction to UE
- Professional mentor partnership
- Membership with EEA (Engineers Education Australia)
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A range of employee benefits.
- Electrical Engineering – access to Electricity Network departments and Service Delivery including H S & E.
Engineering Vacation Program
Our summer Vacation Program is designed for students who are in their second last year of university.
It enables you to gain practical skills and knowledge through real life projects and tasks that our engineers are currently working on. Here you will gain firsthand experience and see what working in one of Victoria’s distribution businesses is like.
The 12 week paid vacation program is an excellent opportunity for students to get their foot in the door, and is a gateway to the Graduate Program.
To become a vacation student with UE you’ll need to be able to work in a team, be forward thinking and resonate with our company values.
Applications for the 2018 Internship and Vacation Program are now closed.