High load transport

Any vehicle with a load over 4.6 metres in height needs permission to travel on Victorian roads as they are classed as an ‘over dimensional vehicle’. The approval needs to be obtained from the distributor(s) whose network the vehicle travel through and the NHVR (National Heavy Vehicle Regulator).

You can apply for a High Load assessment using our online connection application service. Once we have reviewed your application, we will provide you with the steps required to ensure safe transportation of the load within the network and the associated cost.

Our officers can either travel with the load, disconnecting and dropping the power lines as needed, or we can provide you with a map of the safest route to take the load. Fees are given on application as a survey of routes and additional escorts may be required.