We work closely with project proponents to plan for new generation connections to our network.
These projects rely on our assets and infrastructure to supply the power generated. Depending on the size and scale of the development proposed, there are different regulatory considerations.
In each case, our role is to support proponents by: ·
- Providing data and technical information required to develop project business cases
- Designing and constructing any connection points and supporting infrastructure required to connect to our network
- Liaising with AEMO regarding network access approvals.
We offer connection processes for five types of embedded generation of varying sizes:
- Basic micro connections
- Low voltage negotiated connections
- Low voltage negotiated registered connection
- High voltage negotiated connection
- High voltage negotiated registered connection
Fees and charges
Testing and commissioning requirements
NER Chapter 5A Generator Connections. Please complete and submit the relevant commissioning form to firstname.lastname@example.org once the system has been installed and tested. There may be additional testing requirements for HV customers and customers installing non-inverter based generation.