United Energy has launched a new online connection application service. This service streamlines the connections process and allows you to:
- submit and track new connections (metered and unmetered supply), alterations, and abolishment applications
- submit pre-approval for a rooftop solar connection, small scale battery (up to 30kVA total inverter capacity at the premises)
- submit applications for:
- new supply connections
- modification to existing supply connections
- new embedded generation and battery connections (both registered and non-registered as per the National Electricity Rules)
- modifications to existing embedded generation and battery connections (both registered and non-registered as per the National Electricity Rules)
- registration of electric vehicle charging units connected to UE network - electric vehicle charging units are currently considered as load connections only that do not have the capability to feed power to the grid.
The benefits of the online connection application service include:
- using a single log on to register as a REC, LEW and/or Solar Installer
- the choice to manage which LEWs can submit applications on your behalf
- paper application forms replaced by simplified, easy-to-use online forms with built-in validation and guidance to improve submission accuracy, meaning fewer rejected applications and follow-up requests
- submitting new connection, alteration, and abolishment applications directly to United Energy rather than via Retailers
- the ability to save drafts and submit bundled applications for multiple jobs at the same site
- selecting a truck appointment at a time convenient for you
- making payments in near real-time
- receiving updates on application progress via SMS and/or email, tracking your application progress in real-time, and receiving notifications on actions required to progress your application
- submitting enquiries directly to the team processing your application
- easy 24/7 access via the United Energy website on your laptop, PC, or smart device
Online connection application service
Register and visit the online connection application service.
When registering your myEnergy account, if you are a Registered Electrical Contractor, Licensed Electrical Worker or Solar Installer, ensure you select 'Yes' to the 'Are you an electrician or solar installer' question to avoid issues with submitting applications
How to apply for a Solar Preliminary Assessment
This instruction steps you through how to request a Solar Preliminary assessment for an embedded generation installation above 30kva. Preliminary assessments can be requested by any user in myEnergy.
How to apply for a Solar Pre Approval SPA
This instruction shows you how to request a Solar Pre-Approval for an embedded generation installation. Pre-approvals can be requested by any user type in myEnergy if they have enough information.
How to create a myEnergy account
How to sign in to and navigate the myEnergy portal
How to submit an application