Registered electrical contractors


Registered electrical contractors

Registered Electrical Contractors (RECs) play an important role in providing electrical services to our customers. Our helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1300 275 804.

If you can’t find the information you’re after on this page, you can call the REC helpline for assistance with:

  • Fuse removal
  • Reconnection after repair
  • New connections
  • Abolishments
  • CT metering
  • Additions and alterations

Connection technical advisors

Our Connection Technical Advisors (CTAs) are the people you can turn to when you need advice on technical matters, such as understanding or complying with Service Installation Rules. To contact a CTA call our REC helpline on 1300 275 804. If required, you can arrange for a CTA to visit you on site. They will be able to assist with meter and installation questions and will also make appointments for inspections on site.

Service Installation Rules

Service Installation Rules (SIR) enquiries should be directed to 1300 103 216, Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 5pm. Click here to visit the Victorian SIR website and find copies of the current Service Installation Rules.

If you’d like a hard copy of the Service Installation Rules, you can call Information Victoria on 1300 366 356. The rules are also available from electrical contractor and inspection organisations, and from most electrical wholesalers.

Digital platform

Our online connection application service has been enhanced with additional features and now provides the following functions:

  • New connection, alteration, and abolishment requests
  • Embedded Generation pre-approvals for up to 30kVA
  • Preliminary Assessment for Embedded Generation proposals between 30kVA and 1MW
  • Applications to upgrade or extend the United Energy network
  • Pole to pit applications
  • Unmetered supply requests
  • Requests to relocate or remove United Energy assets or equipment
  • Applications for connecting power to new estates
  • General connections enquiries
  • Enquiries about major and high voltage supply projects
  • Enquiries about council and VicRoads lighting projects
  • No Go Zone assessments and permit requests
  • Large scale solar, battery and wind farm connection requests
  • Bundled requests (online submission)

We encourage RECs and LEWs working with United Energy to register for this service here.

Note: Applications submitted prior to launch do not need to be re-submitted and will be managed under the manual process.

To assist you with navigating the new service, we have created supporting materials, which can be found here.

Bundled requests

Bundled requests are now live. This means that all forms are now electronic and form part of the bundled application feature of the online connection application service.

To submit a bundled request, You will need to register and then apply for a bundled request by selecting the “Request multiple connections for a single site” tile on the online connection application service.

Tech Talk

Tech Talk, is the best way to stay informed about changes in the electricity industry and other news that may affect your work. We send this out a few times each year via email and SMS. All RECs who are currently registered with United Energy will receive a copy. If you’re not registered, get in touch to find out how.


Embedded networks


Developers and builders