If you’re ready to join the thousands of Victorian households reducing their bills and environmental footprint with solar, we are here to support your journey.
The greatest benefits from having rooftop solar come from being able to generate the electricity you need for your home and lifestyle. If your solar system generates more than you can use, then this extra power can be exported into our network and shared with your community. You can receive a small rebate on your electricity bill for every kilowatt-hour of power you export.
We have a role to play at various steps in your solar installation journey:
How we enable solar
- 1. Check your export pre-approval
- 2. Install and connect solar panels
- 3. Inspection and configuration
- 4. Notifying your retailer and configuring your electricity meter
- 5. You're connected. Enjoy your savings!
Other things to consider
- Rebates, subsidies
- Getting the most value from your solar
- Keeping the lights on in an outage
- Solar exports and feed-in tariffs
- Victorian premium feed-in tariff
Mandated smart inverter settings
MSO for Basic Connection with Micro Embedded Generation
This contract is required connecting a solar system (or another type of embedded generator) that is also subject to your pre-approval outcome.
REC Installer FAQs 2022 UE
Registered Electrical Contractor (REC) and solar installer frequently asked questions for pre-approvals for solar, electric vehicle charging units and small-scale batteries.