New and upgraded supplies

A connection request may require the UE network to be upgraded or extended to make supply available. Examples of these negotiated connections typically include:

  • Residential or commercial premises requiring 170 amps or more
  • New or upgraded underground pits
  • New land subdivisions and real estate developments
  • High voltage, reserve capacity or dedicated assets

Rural-based properties should always confirm supply availability with us before requesting a new or upgraded connection service. Infrastructure is not always available and a negotiated connection may be required.

A project fee will be payable for preparation of a connection offer. We will advise the value of this fee following an initial assessment of your request.

You may be required to pay towards the cost of the connection, extension and augmentation works. This payment is separate to your retailer’s monthly charges for ongoing electricity supply. These charges can vary significantly depending on:

  • The scale and complexity of work required.
  • The capacity requested by the customer.
  • The location of the development relative to our distribution network.
  • Our Connection Policy details the basis for calculating these charges.

UE connection offers include the price for connection and augmentation works and a number of contestability or tendering options. For more information regarding contestability visit our Contestable Works page.

United Energy has launched a new online connection application service. This service streamlines the connections process and allows you to:

  • submit applications to upgrade, extend, or modify our network to enable supply, including:
    • pit installations
    • new or increased supply
    • public lighting schemes
    • unmetered supply
    • relocating, replacing, or removing assets or equipment
    • providing power to new housing or industrial estates
    • high voltage supply and major projects
    • high level network capacity information for unregistered embedded generation applications
    • embedded generation and battery connections (both registered and unregistered)
  • obtain permits for:
    • No Go Zones
    • high load transport

Contestable works


Developers and builders