For example, you can:
- Organise a new connection that doesn’t need any upgrades or alterations to our network**
- Seek pre-approval for a rooftop solar connection or extend a current request
- Plan for installing batteries or small wind turbines
- Arrange an additional connection for your home, for example, to support an electric vehicle charger
- Turn supply on or off if required during moves
- Stop the supply (or remove an electricity connection) when your home is being removed, relocated or demolished
**A connection request may require the UE network to be upgraded or extended to make supply available for a connection (including the installation of a pit). If your connection does require an upgrade or extension you'll need to follow the processes on the New and upgraded supplies webpage.
We always recommend working with a licenced electrician (or Registered Electrical Contractor), or other specialist providers like an energy retailer or solar installer, as they can submit applications on your behalf.
Specialist providers can:
- Organise new connections. They will need to include an Electrical Work Request and a Prescribed Certificate of Electrical Safety to support your application.
- Turn supply on or off. They will need to let us know of changes to your electricity supply.
- End electricity supply. They will need to send us the relevant abolishment of electrical supply form.
Any charges associated with these services will appear on your electricity bills, separate from your consumption or network costs. You can find information regarding our pricing proposals in the download section below.
For VPN we need to add that remote Re-Energisations are available between 8am and 9pm on Saturday, Sunday, and Public Holidays.
VPN De-Energisations: Occur between 10:00am and 5:00pm Mon – Friday, with disconnection requests occurring between 10:00am and 2:00pm Mon - Thur
For UE Re-Energisations timeframes should align with VPN:
For re-energisations we will reconnect your supply on the same business day if the request is received from your electricity retailer before 3pm, or the next business day for requests received after 3pm.
If reconnection is safe and able to be performed remotely via our smart meter communication network, we will reconnect your supply within two hours of a valid request from you or your retailer.
We can still reconnect your supply on the same business day when a request is received between 3pm and 9pm, but an after hours fee may apply. Remote re-energisations are available between 8am and 9pm on Saturday, Sunday, and Public Holidays.
De-energisations occur between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday, with disconnection requests occurring between 9:00am and 2:00pm Monday to Thursday.
Online connection application service
All new connections, alterations and abolishment applications, must be submitted online directly to United Energy via the online connection application service. You will no longer need to submit connection applications using paper forms to Retailers. United Energy will accept and validate your online application before sending it on to your nominated Retailer on your behalf.
United Energy’s online connection application service streamlines the connections process and allows you to:
- submit and track new connections (metered and unmetered supply), alterations, and abolishment applications
- submit pre-approval for a rooftop solar connection or a small-scale battery (up to 30kVA total inverter capacity at the premises)
- submit applications for:
- new supply connections
- modification to existing supply connections
- new embedded generation and battery connections (both registered and non-registered as per the National Electricity Rules)
- modifications to existing embedded generation and battery connections (both registered and non-registered as per the National Electricity Rules)
- registration of electric vehicle charging units connected to UE network - electric vehicle charging units are currently considered as load connections only that do not have the capability to feed power to the grid.
The benefits of the online connection application service include:
- using a single log on to register as a REC, LEW and/or Solar Installer
- the choice to manage which LEWs can submit applications on your behalf
- paper application forms replaced by simplified, easy-to-use online forms with built-in validation and guidance to improve submission accuracy, meaning fewer rejected applications and follow-up requests
- submitting new connection, alteration, and abolishment applications directly to United Energy rather than via Retailers
- the ability to save drafts and submit bundled applications for multiple jobs at the same site
- selecting a truck appointment at a time convenient for you
- making payments in near real-time
- receiving updates on application progress via SMS and/or email, tracking your application progress in real-time, and receiving notifications on actions required to progress your application
- submitting enquiries directly to the team processing your application
- easy 24/7 access via the United Energy website on your laptop, PC, or smart device
Click here to register for United Energy’s online connection application service.
To assist you with navigating the new service, we have created supporting materials, which can be found here.
Protect your power quality
Manage your energy costs
Downloads and resources
United Energy connection policy
This policy outlines the connection services we provide, how connection charges are calculated and the application process.
United Energy 2022-23 Pricing Proposal
United Energy 2022/23 Pricing Proposal to the AER. It covers all our tariff classes, standard control services, alternative control services and network & metering charges from July 2022 to June 2023.
United Energy Deemed Distribution Contract
Provides the distributors and customers respective rights and obligations concerning the provision of connections services under the electricity laws
Negotiated connection contract
From 1 July 2021
MSO for Basic Connection with Micro Embedded Generation
This contract is required connecting a solar system (or another type of embedded generator) that is also subject to your pre-approval outcome.
MSO for Basic Connection without Micro Embedded Generation
Model Standing Offer for Retail Customers other than micro embedded generators.