If you have experienced loss or damage due to an issue with your power supply, you can make a claim.
We know that making a claim can be tricky. To help you through this process, we’ve put together the information you need to make the claim process as smooth as possible.
What we’ll need from you
1. Your details
- Incident address
- Email and phone contact
- National Metering Identified (NMI) located on your electricity bill.
2. Claim item details
- Proof of damage* – assessment report from qualified technician
- Clear photo(s) of damage
- Proof of purchase* - original purchase receipt
*All uploaded files need to be within 3MB each
3. Hold onto damaged item (where applicable)
Hold onto your damaged item until after the outcome of your claim. Disposing your damaged item before we have completed our assessment may not allow us to process your claim.
Start a claim on the myEnergy portal
Login or register on the myEnergy portal, then choose Customer resolution centre to start your claim
What happens after you lodge your claim?
- On average, it takes 15 business days to investigate a claim – more complex claims may take longer
- Once received, we review our systems and consult with business areas as part of our investigation
- If your claim is eligible for compensation, we’ll send you an offer
- In the case, customers disagree with the outcome, a review can be requested through myEnergy.
- Compensation available to you
- Difference between Voltage Variations and Power Outages
- Claims for damages other than appliance damage
- Additional information for business customers
- What if this claims process isn't right for me?