Make the switch from paper notifications to SMS or email.
We've made it easier for you to be informed about local power outages by sending digital notifications for planned outages, as well as updates during major unforeseen outages.
- Reduce paper waste by opting out of paper notifications
- Receive SMS or email notifications, or both
- Add additional household members so they also receive notifications
- Add additional properties, in case you want to be aware of outages that may impact family, the elderly or holiday and investment properties
- Choose the hours you’d like to receive notifications
*If you’re receiving both SMS and paper notifications, it’s easy to opt out of paper notifications by following the instructions below. Help to reduce paper waste and clutter!
How to switch
You’ll need your property’s National Meter Identifier (NMI) to update your communications preference. It can be found on your electricity bill from your retailer and is a 10- or 11-digit number.
If you already have a myEnergy account, log into the myEnergy portal and skip to step 4.
- Sign up for a myEnergy account.
- Click the ‘Register’ button on the right-hand side of the page.
- Fill the required fields and click ‘Create an account’.
- On the homepage, click the ‘Sign up for outage notifications’ button.
- Register your property by entering your National Meter Identifier (NMI) and click ‘Search’. When your address is found, click Next.
- Enter your details if you’re the responsible party for this address. Alternatively click ‘I’m not the responsible party’. Then click ‘Finish’.
- Update your preferences.
What’s a planned outage?
It’s our job to supply power to your home via our network of poles, wires and infrastructure. Occasionally we might need to do critical works in your area to ensure the safe and reliable supply of electricity. To do this safely, we may need to turn power off to homes for a short period of time. You’ll receive advance notice if there’s any impact to your home.
Need help changing your communications preferences?
You can contact our team on 1300 131 689